Friday, December 4, 2009

Upside Down, Inside Out


"Upside down, inside out...I'm 'bout to show all you folks what it's all about..." Ooops! had a quick flashback to 'WHOOMP! There it is!' and Tag Team (LOL). Seriously though, I'm about to show you guys what it means to turn your wardrobe upside down and inside out. Carrying out this task will take some time and energy but once you get it done you will be so glad you did...I know I was.


First, determine the season...if you're going into the fall season pack up your summer and spring clothes. If you're going into summer pack up your fall and winter gear. Systematically organizing your closet will save you a t on of time when getting dressed because you'll be able to see everything in your closet because it's so organized.


Second, try to use the same size/style hanger throughout your closet. I'm a frugal fashionista, a frugalista if you will, so I get ALL of my hangers from Wal-Mart for about $1.25 and so can you!


Third, make all hangers face teh same direction. Facing hangers in the same direction provides consistency and order.


Fourth, hang only one shirt or two pants per hanger. I prefer hanging only one item per hanger, but you have to do what works for you.


Fifth, organize your clothing by the following categories: Tops, bottoms, skirts, jackets, and pants. It's really easy to keep all items that go on top on one side and those that go on the bottom on the other side. After you separate your clothes on one side of the closet or another, organize each side by color. I know it seems anal, but trust me, IT WORKS!


Following these simple suggestions will not only make your closet look good, it will make you feel good because you'll be able to navigate your closet with ease.


WHOOMP THERE IT IS...


Ciao!