Monday, December 28, 2009

Shoe Buying Rules To Live By...




I love shoes just as much as the next person, but I’ve recently come to the realization that I have far too many shoes for one person. So as I attempt to get a grasp on my addiction I have chosen to live by these five rules.


1. I have to absolutely LOVE the shoes before I purchase them. This rule very difficult for me to follow because I LOVE all shoes, I don’t discriminate.

2. The shoes have to be quality shoes that have a fair price. This rule is especially difficult for me, because as I mentioned above, I don’t discriminate when it comes to shoes. Expensive ones or cheap ones, I LOVE them ALL!

3. I have to be able to walk comfortably in the shoes. I’ve been known to tell people, “Beauty is pain and pain is beauty.” But as I get older and when it comes to shoes I have to be a little smarter and make sure my shoes are comfortable. I don’t have to be able to run a marathon in them, but I do need to be able to walk comfortably.

4. The shoes MUST match with at least five different styles of clothing. There have been many occasions where I have purchased a shoe and the shoe only matched with one outfit…what a waste of money.

5. Lastly, the shoe can’t be similar to any other shoe in the closet.

Ciao!