Friday, May 6, 2011

Fashionistas...I Have A PROBLEM...

Over the past few months it has been brought to my attention on more than 1 occasion that there's a SLIGHT possibility that I have a 'PROBLEM.' I know you're all staring at the screen, mouths wide open in disbelief thinking, 'Natalie?! Natalie has a problem?! What kind of problem?!'

Well, divas, fashionistas, and everyone in between, I think it's true...I have a problem and my problem is FASHION and spending too much to stay up with the trends. Now don't get me wrong, I don't go and drop loads and loads of money on clothing, shoes and accessories, because I don't. The problem is I'm such a FRUGALISTA that I'm able to get a lot of stuff for great prices and because I'm able to get a lot of stuff for great prices I keep loading up.

I didn't really think I had much of a problem until I walked into my bedroom and counted six baskets of dirty laundry and then I walked into my guest bedroom/wardrobe room and counted three piles of clothing that needed to be dropped off at In The Bag (that's my dry cleaner). But what makes it even worse is I looked at my calendar and realized I haven't done laundry in almost 2 months and I still have more than enough clothes to make it a few more months. Then I looked in my closet and noticed I had clothes with tags and shoes that had NO scuff marks on the bottom. Problem much? I think so!

After my revelation, I have decided to do 2 things: 1. Get off my lazy butt and do some laundry, 2. No more shopping online or at local stores and boutiques for at least 30 days. This is going to be a rather difficult for me, but I think I can make it happen.

What do you guys think? Do you think I can make it thirty days with no shoes, no clothes, no accessories? NOTHING? Let me know.

My fast will start on Monday...while I have the weekend, I'm going to get in a little shopping, primarily at the local thrift stores and home grown boutiques. I'm feeling my inner quirky diva begging to come out and play this summer. I think I'll unleash her with some thrift store finds. I'll keep you all posted on my status. I may be calling some of you for back up, so don't be alarmed if you get a text, BBM, or voice message that says, 'CODE TEN, DIVA DOWN!'...:)

Ciao!