Friday, January 6, 2012

How To STYLISHLY Wear A Headscarf...

Hey Lovies! I know we've all been victims of the dreaded bad hair day. Lately everyday seems like a bad hair day for me because I'm trying to grow out my 'short hair don't care' look and it's just not cooperating. If I worked in a different environment I'd be wearing turbans and head wraps each and every day of the week. Since I work in Corporate America I'm forced to come up with some kinda do' for this head. I usually manage to come up with something that's cute to the outside world, but dreadful to me. Let's just say I LIVE for the every other Friday appointment I have with my stylist, Ashlee McClaurin at Exclusive Hair Salon (Wichita, KS).

While in my eyes I may look a mess during the week, I look fantastically FABULOUS on the weekends because I wear my turbans and my head scarves. When I wear my turbans I get compliments all over the place and when I wear my head scarves I get even more...why you may ask? Because I tie my head scarves in a plethora of stylish ways and I'm going to provide you with step by step instructions on how to tie your head scarf in a stylish way and you will NOT have to go out of the house looking like someone's mama with your scarf on.

The scarf tying technique shown below was done by Keiko Lynn, a fabulous blogger and fashionista. Take a look at the pics and the steps provided by Keiko and give it a whirl when you have free time. As I always mention, try a style, take a pic and send it to me and I'll post your pic on the blog! Good luck with this look, lovies! See ya at the TOP!

Ciao!
xoxo

Take a large square scarf, any print will do, and lay it on a flat surface

Fold one corner to the other to form a triangle

Fold the corner down to the middle and fold again, but not to the edge...you don't want it to be too thick

Put the scarf around your head with the ends in the front. Make sure the inner folded parts are against your head. You do not want the folded parts to be exposed

Tie a loose knot in the front. Don't worry, the loose knot will not make your scarf slide off

Tuck the ends of the scarf behind/underneath the wide band

There you have it! A stylish way to tie your head scarf and you DON'T look like someone's mama!
Send all DIY photos to boujebeauty@gmail.com ,  don't forget to follow me on Twitter @PBLB08, and don't forget to shop Pearlie B's Lounge and Boutique online store www.pearliebsloungeboutique.styleowner.com