Friday, September 9, 2011

Tamara Bowens, Ever Heard of Her?

Up until a few days ago I had never heard of  the fabulously, fierce handbag designer Tamara Bowens (I guess I've been in a dungeon of sorts...IDK...Good news is, I'M OUT)! But in the spirit of NYFW and FNO, my dear friend Elizabeth Okoro sent me a link that provided a peek into the collection and boy was I blown AWAY! 

Tamara Bowens, the creative genius behind BowensBergeron design house based in Atlanta, Georgia is taking the handbag game by storm. Bowen's designs incorporate exotic mixes of wood such as English Sycamore and African Zebrawood. The first product line, The Lifestyle Collection features beautiful clutches that range from $995.00 to $2100.00 and beyond. I will say I won't have any pieces from the inaugural collection (I splurged on a couple Louis' earlier this year...sue me?!), but I will COP (that means purchase) a clutch in the next collection (a sista's gotta save some money).

In the mean time, you all can gasp, swoon and catch the vapors over Bowen's beautiful designs and if you have some extra money COP a clutch or two (ONLY if you're really ballin, though)! Also, don't forget to be on the look out for Bowen's 2012 collection which will include men's pieces including briefcases, manbags, and accessories

Ciao Bellas!

*BowenBergeron Collection can be purchased at Saks Fifth Avenue*