Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ima Be, Ima Be, Ima Ima Ima Be...

Every season, every diva fashionista says one of the following statements:

"Ima get new clothes this season..."
"Ima wear this..."
"Ima wear that..."
"Ima try this..."
"Ima try that..."

This season try this...ACCESSORIZE! You don't always have to go out and get a whole new wardrobe each season. Truth be told, a lot of us can't afford to go out and get new wardrobes each season, at least I know I can't. So in the spirit of saving money, I'm going to help you ACCESSORIZE (using my Spartan, SUPASTAR voice...LOL!)

The 5 accessories each and every diva, fashionista, recessionista must have are: thin belts, long necklaces, statement earrings, embellished flat sandals, large handbag and sunglasses of course! Oops! it looksl ike I went a tad bit overboard and added one more must have, SUE ME! So now there are 6 items every diva, fashionista, recessionista must have to complete her look.

The Skinny Belt

I used to prefer wide belt, but only because it acted as a waist cincher when I couldn't find my trusty old Spanx and disguised all of my deliciousness (is that a word) and made me appear thin.  However during summer months, it's more appropriate, to me anyway, to wear a thinner belt with cute, colorful pieces. You can put your skinny belt over a cardigan (tres chic), t-shirts, button downs or whatever piece you choose to wear. Check Forever 21 for cheap skinny belts.

Long Necklaces

Long necklaces are EVERYWHERE! If you can't find one, email me at pearliebloungeandboutique@hotmail.com and I will hook you up with the latest long necklace finds for a great price. Long necklaces can be paired with more casual ensembles such as white v-neck t-shirts, button down and maxi dresses just to name a few.

Statement Earrings

Statement earrings can dress up ANY outfit. Grab a pair of chandelier earrings or bohemian inspired earrings paired with a simple sundress or even a t-shirt. When wearing statement earrings, you must remember not to overdue your other accessories. If you're wearing statement earrings, most likely there is no need for a necklace and if you must wear arm jewelry, make sure it's simple and dainty. Your earrings are the focal point...keep it that way by simplifying everything else.  If you really want to show off your earrings, pull your hair back in a loose casual ponytail for day or a slick, tight ponytail to give yourself that evening, sophisticated look. If you have a shorter cropped cut, statement earrings are perfect for you!

Embellished Flat Sandals

A few years ago, I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of flats. For me, it was three inch heels all day, everyday. But now that I'm older I've put my three inch heels on sabbatical and opted for the more comfortable embellished flat sandals. Embellished flat sandals give me the same pizazz as my three inch heels, but much more comfort. If you're going to go the embellished flat route, consider pairing your fabulously embellished shoes with a maxi dress, skinny jeans or even a tulip skirt. Whatever you do, let your shoes be the statement and the rest of your ensemble should remain simple.

Large Handbag

I absolutely love, love, LOVE my oversized handbags. Some people may complain and say that my bag takes up too much space, but I don't care. I've been told I have everything EXCEPT the kitchen sink in my purse. People can say what they want to say, but I'm going to continue carrying my big purse filled with junk, trash and snacks (I'm a big girl...sue me for having snacks if you wanna, but I'm not about to pass out from starvation)! If you dare to carry an oversized bag like me, try a bag in a bright color to make a statement. Try red, orange, turquoise, yellow or pink. I'm certain you'll be the talk of the town with your fabulously oversized handbag!

Oversized Sunglasses

One more accessory I love, love, LOVE is my oversized sunglasses. This accessory not only blocks the sun's rays and keeps me stylish; it serves as a shield for those not-so-beautiful days! When I'm feeling a little busted, I throw on my oversized Chanels and head out the door to conquer the world. If you don't have the funds to plunk down on the counter for a pair of Chanel's, stop by Forever 21 or WetSeal to get a pair of cute, oversized glasses for a fraction of the price.

Remember before you decide to revamp your wardrobe, think about these 6 Must Haves.

Thin Belt...check
Long Necklace...check, check
Statement Earrings...check, check, check
Embellished Sandals, Large Sunglasses, and Oversized Sunglasses...check, check, check

If you have all of those things, then you're ready to go. The only real thing missing is your Cosmo.

Good luck with your new personal styling venture and thanks for reading Pearlie's Fashion Passion.

Ciao!