Friday, July 9, 2010

Eye C U (Eye See You, for my diva fashionistas on overload)...

Big Mama, Mama, Auntie, and older cousins and nem always told me less is MORE when it comes to make-up application. In my younger days, I don’t think that message hit as close to home as it probably should have. But nowadays, my thoughts have changed and anyone who knows me and knows make up knows less is definitely more for so many reasons.



Reason 1: You still want to be recognizable by your family and friends. If you wear so much make- up during the day time, that when people see you without your face on they don’t recognize you; that’s a MAJOR problem!


Reason 2: You don’t want to look like New York, Tiffany or whatever her name is from Flavor of Love and for my vanilla sistas, you do not want to run around town lookin like Tammy Faye Baker…both looks = not good looks!


I could probably go on and on about why less is best, but there isn’t enough space in the blogosphere for me to rant. So yeah, less is more, especially when it comes to eye make-up. Listed below are some tips on how to get sexy, glamorous, elegant, well defined, natural eye make. Don’t worry; it’s not as hard as you think.


First, apply a bone colored cream or powder eyeshadow over your entire lid. Personally, I prefer using a cream shadow, because it goes on super smooth, especially if you prime your lids. If you do not have a cream shadow, go ahead and use a powder eyeshadow, it works just as well.


Second, use a nude color shadow for the upper part of your lid, the area right under your eyebrows.


To define your eyes, the third thing you’ll need to do is take a gray eyeshadow and a brush to create a semi-smoky affect.


To finish off the look, apply eyeliner and mascara and you are READY TO GO!


Ciao!

*My Wi-Fi connection is acting up, so pictures will be added at a later date. Sorry for the inconvenience*