Monday, August 15, 2011

I Broke Up With MAC...Did I Break Up With Blogging Too?!

Hello...Hello...it's been a while since I've had an opportunity to blog (BAD BLOGGER?!) Things in my amazingly, wonderful world have been crazy busy, but that's how I like it. Hmmm...where should I start in the update of wonderful things...hmmm...this could get a little random (you guys know how I am...LOL!) So here I go with the updates for the fantastic world of Pearlie's Fashion Passion...

Not too long ago I posted an ad on Craig's List to solicit new customers (brave and dangerous all at the same time, but a business woman has got to do what a business woman has go to do...did that make sense?) Anyway, I posted an ad on Craig's List and I instantly got a million and one emails for private make-up application lessons (who woulda thunk people need make-up application lessons?!) As a result of the ad I have completed one make-up class (and she was a very satisfied customer), I have another this evening (8 students?! YOWZA!), a four week session with a lady and her friends, and a one-on-one consultation with a lady next week. My business is like, BOOM!

So mixed in with private lessons, I'm teaching a group class at Boston Recreation Center in Wichita. I'm super excited and nervous all at the same time. It's strange how you can be pretty good at something, but worried about how great of a teacher you'll be. We'll see how it goes...if the students come out looking like clowns, then we'll know I'm not a great teacher and I should stick to blogging and event work...LOL! :) The class at the rec center is for four weeks and I'm really excited to show people how easy make-up application can be and I'm even more excited to show them that you don't have to spend an ARM and a couple LEGS on make-up.

Next up, I set myself up with a Groupon Store...I haven't quite mastered it just yet, but as soon as I do I'll let all of you FABULOUS people know and you can enjoy some good quality make-up application time with yours truly (you're supposed to SMILE here)...While we're still on the topic of Groupon...guess who set themselves up to get into the Groupon rotation? Ummm...ME?! I haven't heard back from the folks at Groupon, but I hope to hear from them soon...as soon as that Groupon pops up I will be sure to let all of you lovelies know...

Hmmm...what else is going on?! Hmmm...oh yes, I'm in the process of building a website using this really cool program called Vagaro (or something like that)...it allows clients to book their own appointments via the web, distributes marketing information, etc...etc...it's getting real y'all...Pearlie B Enterprises (the umbrella company just in case you didn't know) is gettin official like a referee with a whistle! :)

What else...what else...so much to tell...hmmm...oh yes, a couple of weeks ago, a good friend from college and fellow entrepreneur introduced me to some other SA-WEET (sorry...was having a moment) opportunities...I'll be guest blogging for The Special Invite and she also introduced me to another website that can help grow my business even more...I LOVE fellow entrepreneurs and friends who aren't afraid to share knowledge so we can all grow our beans (beans = money...come on folks...LOL!)

Last thing I can think of right now is I will be taking a blogging class in about a week and I am super pumped...the course is being taught by a multi-millionaire (too bad I can't think of his name right now) that has made a FORTUNE from blogging and being an affiliate to major brands in the retail world. I really can't give a lot of detail right now, but as soon as I finish my weekend course I will let my fellow bloggers know what's up...no reason why we can't make a profit off our passion...that's what it's all about! LIVING through our LIVING (did y'all catch that? I was trying to be smart...if you didn't get it...let me know and I'll explain...:)

So yeah, my world is just a buzzing! I hope all of you are having as much fun and success as I'm having...Remember people, it's not fun if your friends can't have none...success that is...share the wealth!

Ciao Bellas!
xoxo